The partners at Seven Eight Capital have a long track record of successfully implementing quantitative trading strategies in the global equity markets and have delivered superior risk-adjusted returns regardless of market conditions. Writing code at Seven Eight Capital is about working with a small team of top-notch coders and quantitative traders. We’re a hedge fund that is built on technology, and as a coder, you won’t be working on opaque “business logic” as a second tier player. We’re a 100% quantitative/automated trading firm, and that means building the best technology we can. Coding is our life-blood, and over 90% of our employees write code every day.
Seven Eight combines the culture of a small startup with a unique partnership with a large investor that gives us the financial resources to grow quickly. A people-first culture allows you to learn new skills and apply them to your job on a daily basis and the top-notch team around you will be there to help. Frequent work outings bring a relaxed culture where everybody knows what happening and collaboration is encouraged.
This role is senior leadership opportunity. You will have a great deal of responsibility in building next generation technology.
- Lead the development of Seven Eight's next generation simulation and backtesting infrastructure;
- Interact with Quant Researchers and Developers to understand and deliver new enhancement requirements;
- Integrate simulation results with extensive back-end analysis tools;
- Deliver a highly reliable tool set for researchers and other engineers.
- Bachelors or Masters degree from a top-rated CS Program;
- 5-7+ Years of professional programming experience;
- Expert Python & Java Skills;
- Experience in Front-Office Equities Finance (a plus);
- Experience with AWS (EC2, Batch, Kubernetes/ECS);
- Top-notch problem solving and debugging skills;
- Experience in Bash scripting and Continuous Integration;
- Linux/Docker skills.
- Competitive Salary;
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents;
- 401K program and generous match;
- Casual and collegial work environment with exceptionally intelligent peer group;
- Onsite gym, snacks, and game/break room;
- Generous paid vacation policy including sabbaticals for long-tenured employees.