Seurat Technologies is a 3D printing company disrupting a 7,000-year-old manufacturing industry by reinventing how we produce goods, replacing harmful manufacturing processes (like casting) w/ cleaner tech that prints the future. With $79M raised and backed by venture partners like True Ventures, Capricorn, and Porsche, our Area Printing process is 10X faster than incumbent 3D printing, delivering high-volume, localized and decarbonized manufacturing. Seurat’s pioneering approach was originally developed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL).
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Principal Electrical Engineer to add to our team.
- Analyze, design, implement, and troubleshoot electrical designs for complex systems including high-speed electro-mechanical, electro-optics, vision, and pulsed laser systems.
- Lead electrical/electronic aspect of multidisciplinary system architecture and design.
- Create architecture diagrams and develop schematics for complex systems.
- Identify external vendors and specify components & subsystems with customization as needed.
- Implement and troubleshoot communications across multiple protocols and vendors.
- Design and troubleshoot high-speed signals and triggering.
- Design and specify motion (servo) and sensing control equipment.
- B.S. degree in Electrical, Robotics Engineering, or related fields;
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing, industrial, pick and place environments
- Experience developing complex industrial equipment with diverse technologies (lasers, motion, high power, high-speed controls, analog acquisition, etc)
- Experience with frequently used control components, such as I/O modules, (safety) relays, power supplies, breakers, other DIN rail components, etc.
- Proven understanding of electrical/controls redundant, fail-safe design practices.
- Signals and systems experience: filter design, frequency & time domain analysis.
- Safety compliances, preferably CE & UL.
- Understanding of SIL designs as they pertain to Electrical systems
- Preferred: M.S. degree in Electrical, Robotics Engineering, or related fields;
- 5+ yrs. with masters,
Other Skills Required:
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written as well as proven effective teamwork.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical or similar CAD systems.
- Strong background in Mechatronics, specifically servo motors and feedback control systems.
- Spice or similar circuit simulation experience.
- Experience with DC and Pulsed DC power, piezo drives, and RF sources.
- Familiarity with ACS, Delta Tau, Beckhoff (Safety) PLC & EtherCAT I/O.
- Experience / familiarity with PC-based / rack-mount control systems.
- Experience in additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing.
Seurat Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.