About the Opportunity
Settle is looking for a thoughtful and articulate Credit Manager to join our team. Our small team has big plans, therefore this person needs to have strong financial analysis and loan structuring skills, and also have the ability to help build out our credit processes and procedures. You understand complex business models, supply chains, capitalization/financing structures, and have a strong understanding of the commercial lending landscape. You’re someone who gets excited about understanding our clients' businesses and helping to build a product that works for them.You’ll be part of an environment that encourages learning, growth, experimentation and speed.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You’ll assess and structure new loan opportunities
- You’ll manage our existing loan portfolio and build out portfolio management tools to get ahead of potential defaults/losses
- You’ll partner with our sales and/or operations teams in working with our clients
- Periodically perform underwriting audits to ensure we are complying with our internal policies
- You’ll work closely with the Director of Credit to build and implement new processes and products
- Help build out our monthly, credit reporting. This will provide insight into our portfolio health/metrics, in turn driving changes in our underwriting, portfolio management, and sales efforts
- Comfortable having sensitive conversations with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
What Sets You Apart
- You’ve worked in commercial underwriting for 4-5 years
- You have formal credit training, having worked at a bank, financial institution, or fintech
- You have experience underwriting asset-based loans, term loans, factoring facilities, merchant cash advances, credit cards, or other loan products
- You’re an excel expert and have previously built risk models that combine data from multiple sources
- SQL experience is a plus, not required
- Commercial in nature; ability to juggle risk with growing the business
- You’re articulate, a self-starter, and a detail oriented, go-getter
This role has an annual starting salary range of $140,000 - $160,000 + equity + benefits. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to your individual skills and experience.
Who We Are
Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our small but growing team was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from wherever you are. We're well funded (Series-B) with backing by Ribbit, Stripes, Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, SciFi Ventures, and others. Our benefits are competitive, our time off is flexible, and our compensation packages include equity.
Check us out in On Deck's Top Companies of 2023, Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, Techcrunch and this Kleiner blog post.
Our Commitment to You
At Settle we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.