About the Opportunity
The Credit Lead will help support the Director of Credit in implementing strategy and process improvement across our lending platform. It is critical for this person to be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing projects.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Strengthen our portfolio management tools to help us get ahead of potential delinquencies/defaults
- Assist credit team in identifying process gaps and implement improvements
- Partner with our risk operations team to manage payment failures and triage escalations
- Serve as a cross-functional partner between credit, finance, capital markets, and risk operations to ensure accurate reporting for our borrowing facilities
- Work closely with our data and engineering teams to incorporate new data sets into our underwriting models (including building relationships with third-party data vendors)
- Build out monthly credit reporting dashboards
- Periodically perform underwriting audits to ensure we are complying with our internal policies
What Sets You Apart
- 3-5 years of commercial underwriting experience at a bank, financial institution, or fintech company. Fintech experience is preferred, but not required
- Thorough analysis of financial statements (P&L, BS, CF) and metrics
- Experience underwriting/managing asset-based loans, term loans, factoring facilities, merchant cash advances, credit cards, or other loan products
- Expert Excel skills required. SQL experience is a plus, not required
- Meticulously detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Self-starter mentality; ability to work autonomously and lead projects with limited oversight
- Critical thinker who can digest complex problems, weigh competing factors, articulate risks, and reach a solution with cross-functional stakeholders
This role has an annual starting salary range of $110,000 - $130,000 + equity + benefits. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to your individual skills and experience.
Who We Are
Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our small but growing team was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from wherever you are. We're well funded (Series-B) with backing by Ribbit, Stripes, Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, SciFi Ventures, and others. Our benefits are competitive, our time off is flexible, and our compensation packages include equity.
Check out this Techcrunch article and Kleiner blog post.
Our Commitment to You
At Settle we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.