About the Opportunity
Settle's Operations Manager will drive and execute the strategic vision of our Operations Team. You'll ensure our customers have a seamless experience no matter what they're doing on our platform. You have a strong understanding of the payments landscape and are ready to take that to the next level.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Manage internal operations related to payments, credit, fraud, and compliance to ensure our customers have a seamless experience when using Settle to manage their cash flow.
- Lead large scale, highly cross-functional initiatives to deliver better experiences for the customer and higher levels of operational rigor for the company.
- Leverage your subject matter expertise to design and implement strong systems and processes that will drive performance and collaboration across teams.
- Partner closely with the Engineering and Product teams to automate operating procedures that prepare us for hyper-growth.
- Coach, develop and train a team of Operations Associates to execute at a high level.
- Establish and monitor KPIs to prioritize competing needs and drive the team towards measurable goals.
- Act as a key escalation point when issues arise, clearly communicating risks or opportunities, and marshaling resources appropriately.
What Sets You Apart
- You have successful experience in the payments landscape, with a background in payment technology, financial services, e-commerce, payments risk/fraud operations, payment customer support, or a similar field.
- You're systems oriented and consider the big picture, not just the challenges that arise today.
- You are a strong communicator who can clearly convey requirements to a range of stakeholders, and build strong relationships around the organization.
- You are a great manager who leads with empathy and has a demonstrated ability to manage highly-engaged teams.
- You thrive in an environment of complexity, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- You have a strong bias for action—you enjoy spearheading and managing large initiatives with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Compliance-minded attention to detail.
- You're familiar with lending, payment scheme rules, BSA/AML, privacy and payments laws.
This role has an annual starting salary range of $125,000 - $145,000 + equity + benefits. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to your individual skills and experience.
Who We Are
Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our small but growing team was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from wherever you are. We're well funded (Series-B) with backing by Ribbit, Stripes, Kleiner Perkins, Founder’s Fund, SciFi Ventures, and others. Our benefits are competitive, our time off is flexible, and our compensation packages include equity.
Check out this Techcrunch article and Kleiner blog post.
Our Commitment to You
At Settle we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.