American agriculture has been facing a labor crisis for decades. Seso is addressing this problem by building the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the industry
Seso’s mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa. Our comprehensive HR platform not only streamlines and automates the H-2A program, but helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time!
About the Role
As the Head of Worker Operations, you will oversee the team that works closest with foreign agricultural workers going to work in the United States. This team handles the critical functions of vetting visa candidates, visa processing, and arranging cross-border logistics for workers. You’ll be responsible for both optimizing our worker operations processes in Mexico, Guatemala and other countries, as well as partnering cross-functionally to ensure that both the worker and employer experience is best-in-class. Great candidates for this role thrive in both the strategic role of scaling a human-intensive process with technology and vendor partners, and in managing a growing team serving a number of clients across our product and service offering. This role requires 10+ years of experience in strategic and operations heavy roles including 5+ years of management experience. This role is based in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
- Lead the Worker Operations team that includes consulate scheduling and worker logistics.
- Define the 1 - 3 year strategy to help scale operations as we continue to grow our client base
- Establish and grow relationships with recruiters, trainers and other partners that add value to our customer’s needs.
- Partner with go-to-market teams to align expectations and help expand our customer base
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to ensure that we’re driving efficiency and customer experience with technology
- Develop relationships with the consular network and foreign governments
- Manage relationships with multiple partners and vendors
- Continue to hire, build, and lead a high impact team that operates with urgency and customer empathy, and drives measurable results.
- Develop and drive team specific objectives and key results that align with company goals
- 10+ years experience in highly strategic and operations heavy roles
- 5+ years experience building and scaling operations or customer teams in operations, customer support, professional services, or general management
- Experience managing large teams and building culture
- Brings an operational mindset to a service delivery environment
- Experience in early stage or pre-scale organizations, preferably SaaS
- Experience working directly with customers and partnering with sales/account management.
- Strong analytical mindset that can develop quantitative and qualitative analysis to optimize profitability and growth
- Talented and fun teammates who don't take themselves too seriously
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation
- Budget and support for personal development
- Company holiday break
- Company sponsored team events and annual company retreat
Diversity is more than a commitment at Seso, it is the foundation of what we do. We pride ourselves on building the premier platform that serves agribusiness and improves the lives of agricultural workers. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all feel welcome.