American agriculture has been facing a labor crisis for decades. Seso is addressing this problem by building the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the industry
Seso’s mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa. Our comprehensive HR platform not only streamlines and automates the H-2A program, but helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time!
About the Role
Seso's mission is all about helping everyone thrive. Not only are we helping our farms get the labor that they need to survive and thrive in the modern world, but also helping farmworkers come here legally with H-2A Visas and support their families with dignity.
We are seeking seasoned and experienced H-2A Case Managers to join our dynamic team! The candidate(s) will be responsible for providing crucial assistance in representing farmers and farm labor contractors. The role will entail meeting with clients, conducting interviews, advising them on eligibility for immigration benefits under applicable immigration laws, and assisting clients with preparing applications. With limited supervision and using Seso’s state-of-the-art technology, this role will consult with clients on their H-2A obligations, distill complex regulatory information, and coordinate with government agencies on their behalf. Furthermore, as a service leader, the H-2A Case Manager will offer situational guidance and mentorship, and lead the team to high performance.
- Communicate complex concepts and priorities clearly - live and asynchronously - to both customers that have had extensive H-2A experience and those that have just started
- Utilize your deep knowledge and experience in order to build up other team members
- Case Manager:
- Collect and prepare all necessary documentation for H-2A applications with strict deadlines
- Ensure that H-2A applications are free of mistakes and include all essential information required to meet H-2A regulations
- Communicate on behalf of clients with State Workforce Agencies, Department of Labor, and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Collaborate with internal and external immigration attorneys on complex cases.
- Trusted Advisor:
- Actively listen to our clients to understand their unique challenges, and advise them on how to avoid high-risk H-2A submissions
- Advise clients on best practices related to housing and labor in an effort to help them avoid regulatory penalties and fines
- Customer Advocate:
- Advocate for process and product improvements that solve customer pain points
- Identifying process improvement opportunities so the company can build systems, tech and automation around it
- Ensure that immigration data is maintained with a high degree of timeliness and accuracy, conduct periodic audits and reviews, and work on periodic reporting
- Maintain accurate, complete, and confidential case files on Seso’s proprietary platform
- Perform data entry tasks to update and manage case information
- Deliver analysis and recommendations based on data
- 2 to 5 years experience filing and/or overseeing the filing of H-2A visa petitions for a variety of employers
- Experience filing a high volume (45-100) of H-2A visa petitions recently (within the last year)
- Experience working independently, as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment with professionalism, humor, grace and grit.
- Superior communications skills (presentation, written, & verbal) in order to communicate effectively and proactively with clients, team members, and the broader organization
- Experience motivating and mentoring other team members
- Experience using electronic case management software, such as FLAG and Clio
- Ruthlessly organized with the ability to prioritize, delegate, multi-task, and execute with tight, strict deadlines
- Ability to independently navigate complex and emotional situations in a professional manner
- You have a demonstrable interest in agriculture and passionate about improving the lives of farmers and farmworkers
- Talented and fun teammates who don't take themselves too seriously
- Competitive Salary and meaningful equity
- Excellent medical and dental insurance plans
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation
- Budget and support for personal development
- Last week of the year off for company wide winter break
- Company sponsored team events
We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job related skills and experience for accuracy. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Seso, it is the foundation of what we do. We pride ourselves on building the premier platform that serves agribusiness and improves the lives of agricultural workers. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all feel welcome.