American agriculture has been facing a labor crisis for decades. Seso is addressing this problem by building the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the industry
Seso’s mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa. Our comprehensive HR platform not only streamlines and automates the H-2A program, but helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time!
About the Role
Seso, Inc. is seeking a H-2A/H-2B junior compliance attorney to join our dynamic team! This position provides timely transactional expertise to support the organization by delivering creative and novel solutions to support the Company's H-2A/H-2B program in a fast-paced, performance-driven, customer-focused, collaborative environment. The successful candidate is a positive, pragmatic individual with strong communication skills; a person with a strategic view on problem identification and solutions; a person with high ethical standards and strong business acumen, who thrives in a fast-paced growth and results oriented environment. The role requires an accomplished individual who has a proven record of preparing complex H-2A/H-2B visa applications, advising clients on the immigration regulatory landscape, is comfortable being out of the "comfort zone," and who enjoys having a seat at the table to help the business make the right decisions, enabling revenue growth and the company's strategic goals. This position will bring not only legal expertise and a passion for this area of work, but also the ability to motivate and mentor a team of case managers in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Communicate complex concepts and priorities clearly - live and asynchronously - to both customers that have had extensive H-2A/H-2B experience and those that have just started.
- Utilize your deep knowledge and experience in order to build up other team members
- Collect and prepare all necessary documentation for H-2B applications with strict deadlines.
- Ensure that H-2A/H-2B applications are free of mistakes and include all essential information required to meet H-2A/H-2B regulations.
- Communicate on behalf of clients with State Workforce Agencies, Department of Labor, and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Collaborate with internal and external immigration attorneys on complex cases.
H-2A/H-2B Program Coordinator:
- Develop and monitor intake procedures, case acceptance policies, and caseload targets and limits for Seso’s H-2A/H-2B program.
- Coordinate with Case Managers, sharing and balancing workload and taking ownership of performance for the team.
- Act as first escalation point for the team on challenging H-2A/H-2B issues.
- Coach the Visa Operations team in H-2A/H-2B best practices and continuous improvement.
- Participate in designing and presenting H-2A/H-2B training to internal and external stakeholders.
- Continually champion Seso’s vision and mission for the team in a variety of situations.
- Actively listen to our clients to understand their unique challenges, and advise them on how to avoid high-risk H-2A/H-2B submissions.
- Advise clients on best practices related to housing and labor in an effort to help them avoid regulatory penalties and fines.
- Advocate for process and product improvements that solve customer pain points.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities so the company can build systems, tech and automation around it.
- Ensure that immigration data is maintained with a high degree of timeliness and accuracy, conduct periodic audits and reviews, and work on periodic reporting.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and confidential case files on Seso’s proprietary platform.
- Perform data entry tasks to update and manage case information.
- Deliver analysis and recommendations based on data.
- A highly effective, practical lawyer with a record of value creation
- Strong understanding of the H-2A/H-2B regulatory landscape
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment with professionalism, humor, grace and grit
- Team player with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Superior communications skills (presentation, written, & verbal) in order to communicate effectively and proactively with clients, team members, and the broader organization
- Able to motivate and mentor a team of case managers in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience using electronic case management software, such as FLAG and Clio
- Ruthlessly organized with the ability to prioritize, delegate, multi-task, and execute with tight, strict deadlines
- Ability to independently navigate complex and emotional situations in a professional manner
We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job related skills and experience for accuracy. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Seso, it is the foundation of what we do. We pride ourselves on building the premier platform that serves agribusiness and improves the lives of agricultural workers. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all feel welcome.