American agriculture has been facing a labor crisis for decades. Seso is addressing this problem by building the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the industry
Seso’s mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa. Our comprehensive HR platform not only streamlines and automates the H-2A program, but helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time!
About the Role
Seso launched a Payroll product earlier this year and we’re expanding our team of Payroll Clerks to run payroll on behalf of our customers. You will play a critical role in ensuring that thousands of workers are paid on-time and accurately each week! Primary responsibilities will include running an end-to-end payroll process including intake of time cards, generating payroll statements, and uploading them into our payroll system. The position requires an extremely high attention to detail, the ability to stay organized, and prioritization skills. The position will work out of our office in Monterrey, Mexico and report to the implementation manager for payroll.
- Processing weekly or bi-weekly payroll information by collating, calculating, and entering data into a standardized spreadsheet
- Updating payroll records by entering any changes to employee information or benefits such as job title changes, exemptions and saving deductions
- Preparing reports that include summaries of earnings, tax deductions, leave, and non-taxable wages
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering any employee payroll queries
- Maintaining and improving all payroll operations according to company policies and procedures
- Supporting the payroll product and GTM teams with additional projects
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- High degree of technical literacy, specifically deep knowledge of spreadsheets (excel, google sheets)
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional and helpful manner.
- Talented and fun teammates who don't take themselves too seriously
- Competitive salary, Health Insurance stipend and a generous Christmas bonus
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation
- Budget and support for personal development
- High season bonus based on performance
- Last week of the year off for company wide winter break
- Company sponsored team events
Diversity is more than a commitment at Seso, it is the foundation of what we do. We pride ourselves on building the premier platform that serves agribusiness and improves the lives of agricultural workers. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all feel welcome.