American agriculture has been facing a labor crisis for decades. Seso is addressing this problem by building the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the industry
Seso’s mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa. Our comprehensive HR platform not only streamlines and automates the H-2A program, but helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time!
About the Role
As we scale rapidly, we are looking for an experienced operations leader with a deep background in H-2A to operate our Visa Operations team at a high level day-to-day, while simultaneously developing the processes and systems that will allow the team to scale as the business grows in size and complexity. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be a member of our Customer Operations leadership team and will lead and manage our internal H2A Agency (SesoLabor). You will drive operating outcomes as we scale as well as ensure the team has full support, tooling, and resources to be effective. Furthermore, you will help coordinate and manage the workload of other team members, offer situational guidance and mentorship, and lead the team to high performance. You’ll be a cornerstone in growing this function of the business and will play a key role in developing operational strategy alongside other team leaders.
- Team Leader:
- Lead a team of H-2A Case Managers, sharing and balancing workload and taking ownership of performance for your team.
- Conduct weekly 1:1s and check-ins with your team.
- Act as the first escalation point for the team on challenging issues.
- Coach the Visa Operations team in best practices and continuous improvement.
- Continually champion Seso’s vision and mission for the team in a variety of situations.
- Jump in where necessary to assist in customer operations for key and challenging client situations, and to add capacity where needed.
- Partner with H-2A attorney to maintain Seso’s excellent petition quality through periodic monitoring of case filings.
- Identify and drive key projects and objectives to improve effectiveness of Visa Operations at Seso.
- Manage the team to key metrics and identify and execute on areas of continuous improvement.
- Operations Developer
- Work with other team leaders in Customer Operations to harmonize systems, processes, and communications in order to create a superior customer experience.
- Work with Operations leadership to develop clear, comprehensive SOPs that drive flawless execution for customers and reduces burden on the Case Management team.
- Assist Head of Operations in creating, monitoring, and developing key performance indicators.
- Support cross-functional efforts through sharing expertise, feature testing, and input to develop technology and service offerings.
- Expert Educator:
- Utilize your deep knowledge and experience in order to build up other team members through mentorship, training, and ad hoc support.
- Assist teammates in communicating complex ideas to customers and cross-functional teams.
- Guide sales team and customers on critical visa process elements, time lines, and best practices.
- Customer Advocate:
- Advocate for process and product improvements that solve customer pain points.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities so the company can build systems, tech and automation around it.
- 3+ years of operations management experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Experience in H-2A
- Superior communications skills (presentation, written, & verbal) in order to communicate effectively and proactively with clients, team members, and the broader organization
- Experience supervising and mentoring other team members
- Experience using electronic case management software, such as FLAG
- Ruthlessly organized with the ability to prioritize, delegate, multi-task, and execute with tight, strict deadlines
- Ability to independently navigate complex and emotional situations in a professional manner
- You have a demonstrable interest in agriculture and are passionate about improving the lives of farmers and farmworkers.
- Working proficiency in Spanish is beneficial but not required.
- Talented and fun teammates who don't take themselves too seriously
- Competitive Salary and meaningful equity
- Excellent medical, dental & vision insurance plans
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation
- Budget and support for personal development
- Last week of the year off for company wide winter break
- Company sponsored team events
Diversity is more than a commitment at Seso, it is the foundation of what we do. We pride ourselves on building the premier platform that serves agribusiness and improves the lives of agricultural workers. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all feel welcome.