Seso is the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the agriculture industry. Our mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa, an uncapped visa for seasonal farmworkers. Seso has raised over $30m in capital from Tier I investors including Index, Founders Fund, NfX, and more. You can read about Seso's recent $25m Series A here.
Today, Seso enables farms to digitally track applicants and onboard workers, streamlines the H-2A application process, ensures workers arrive at the farm on-time, and simplifies compliance. Long term, the Company is creating a comprehensive HR platform that helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time. Similar to how Salesforce has tied together business systems around a common customer identity, Seso is solidifying all of a farm’s worker-facing systems around a common employee identity, making it the centerpiece of a unified schema that spans a farm’s back-office.
About the Role
Seso's mission is all about helping everyone thrive. Not only are we helping our farms get the labor that they need to survive and thrive in the modern world, but also helping farmworkers come here legally with H-2A Visas and support their families with dignity.
We’re looking for an Account Manager who wants to scale their career with Seso and have a pivotal role in shaping how the Seso’s software evolves. As the first account manager, you will work closely with our customers and internal teams to help our customers maximize their potential with Seso and achieve long-term success with Seso products. As an early hire, you will have unparalleled opportunity for ownership and growth within the company.
- Manage a portfolio of fast-growing accounts and define the growth plan to increase their ACV
- Define the account strategy, account mappings and drive business reviews with our customers' advocates and Executives Sponsors to make sure the company is top of mind for them to meet their needs
- Identify, nurture and negotiate all upsell and cross-sell opportunities by understanding your customers’ business and gaps in their processes and tools
- Manage, negotiate and close all the contracts for your customers for renewals and expansions
- Develop deep relationships with advocates and Executives Sponsors in your portfolio of accounts
- Identify when customers are at risk or in a change phase and define the action plan together with their Customer Success Manager, and if needed - their Case Manager and Legal counterparts - to make sure your customer will renew
- Manage and track your pipeline of renewals and upsells for your customers to double, triple our customer ACV
- 3+ years experience in account management in a fast-paced environment, successfully managed and expanded relationships with corporate clients and C-suite executives
- Experience working at startups where you’ve build playbooks from scratch and scaled systems & processes
- Strong project management skills (organized, flexible, and can juggle multiple projects/priorities in a very fast-paced environment)
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an org -- internally and externally - executive to individual engineer
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and influence decision making
- Customer empathy is a must
- Problem solver with strong product sense -- able to prioritize customer needs, dig into pain points, problem solve with customers, and clearly communicate product needs to product and engineering teams
- You have a demonstrable interest in agriculture and improving the lives of farmers and farmworkers
- You can speak Spanish (bonus)
- Talented and fun teammates who don't take themselves too seriously
- Competitive Salary and meaningful equity
- Excellent medical, dental & vision insurance plans
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation
- Budget and support for personal development
- Last week of the year off for company wide winter break
- Company sponsored team events
Seso Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Seso Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.