Seso is the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the agriculture industry. Our mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa, an uncapped visa for seasonal farmworkers. Seso has raised over $30m in capital from Tier I investors including Index, Founders Fund, NfX, and more. You can read about Seso's recent $25m Series A here.
Today, Seso enables farms to digitally track applicants and onboard workers, streamlines the H-2A application process, ensures workers arrive at the farm on-time, and simplifies compliance. Long term, the Company is creating a comprehensive HR platform that helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time. Similar to how Salesforce has tied together business systems around a common customer identity, Seso is solidifying all of a farm’s worker-facing systems around a common employee identity, making it the centerpiece of a unified schema that spans a farm’s back-office.
About the Role
Seso is looking for an accomplished and highly skilled Chief of Staff to join the team, reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with our Seso executive team. As Chief of Staff, you'll help drive organizational accountability in a variety of key business metrics. You will be responsible for crafting and setting business priorities, shaping team engagement and communications strategy by strengthening the link between the leadership team and broader organization. You will inevitably gain the visibility and experience into what it takes to lead a complex organization and assist in running business operations. This role is highly collaborative, working with a broad range of colleagues across numerous functions and locations to help Seso remain on track to achieve business goals.
- Work with the COO by creating scalable organizational structures, drive process improvements, produce data-driven recommendations, and help program-manage high impact projects
- Work with the Head of Finance and Revenue Operations in managing team budgets and projections, as well as building and supporting the internal compensation framework for future roles
- Work with Seso’s Administrative Business Partner to time manage and prioritize for the senior leadership team
- Analyze business opportunities and new verticals by studying data and external market trends
- Collaborate with the Marketing team in developing internal communication collateral and and necessary tools to create clarity and and understanding of business initiatives across the company
- Support investor relations, including but not limited to updates, presentations, and board meetings
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of new or potential business opportunities
- MBA or Bachelors with at least 3 years of equivalent practical experience
- Experience in sales strategy and business operations highly desirable
- Low ego with high degree of ownership; extremely resourceful and scrappy
- Possess a sophisticated mix of emotional intelligence and people-centered acumen
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills in order to interact with senior leadership and board members with confidence and poise
- Extremely process oriented with the ability to build structure and programs from scratch
- Confidence and professionalism in challenging leaders when appropriate
- Ability to structure a compelling storyline and build presentation decks and briefing documents
- Talented and fun teammates who don't take themselves too seriously
- Competitive Salary and meaningful equity
- Excellent medical, dental & vision insurance plans
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation
- Budget and support for personal development
- Last week of the year off for company wide winter break
- Company sponsored team events
Seso Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Seso Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.