VP of Engineering
We're looking for an experienced VP of Engineering interested in a high impact role at a rapidly growing startup. You will join an amazing team executives and developers to lead the engineering at ServiceTitan. You must have a strong background in responsive web application development and a proven ability to provide technical leadership and strong process management.
We make a huge impact to a thousands of companies in U.S. and abroad by enabling them to be way more efficient. Many of features we offer — in particular, Machine Learning and AI-driven scheduling and dispatch automation — are light-years ahead of what currently exists on the market, and we love to hold this position. We build for perfection, use the most modern tools on .NET platform, have an amazing culture, love to solve complex problems, and don't fear to experiment. If you share the same values, you might find yourself in a perfect company!
What you'll do
- Lead our engineering teams — i.e. own their processes, priorities, and long-term goals
- Reporting directly to CTO; manage Directors of Engineering
- Work closely with the Leadership Team, Product, Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing to make sure your goals are aligned with the company's goals
- Help to recruit, hire, and retain top engineering talent. Work closely with Recruiting — in particular, interview candidates and co-own activities related to lead generation (e.g. tech talks) and screening (HackerRank tests)
- Improve IC and managers' performance, processes, and quality across the whole engineering team
- Drive all major architectural and strategic decisions
- Contribute to the roadmap and resource planning
- Determine metrics for success and constantly measure them
- Performance management
- Accountable for driving critical initiatives proactively (ex: qb rebuild, mobile performance)
- Mentor and guide the Directors, Engineering Managers, and Sr. Software Engineers
- Communicating effectively with cross-functional teams, engineers, Product Managers, customers, and partners
What you'll need
- We expect that you are better than a majority of our senior engineers as an IC, and you are significantly better than any of our directors as a manager
- 6+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of experience on senior engineering roles (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers)
- 3+ years of experience managing software teams
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- Microsoft .NET technology stack (C# / .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs) and SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server or any other)
- Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, performance monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of some other technology stack (e.g. Python / Unix, Java, mobile platforms, etc.)
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related technical field.
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company for 2017
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2017
Forbes - Next Billion-Dollar Startup List 2017