As Staff Engineer, iOS Mobile, you will be responsible for guiding the technical implementation for our next generation iOS native mobile application as well as maintaining our current mobile applications. This is an exciting role for an extremely talented engineer to come in and develop key product differentiators by leveraging the full native power of our customers mobile devices. We build for perfection, use modern tools, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems. If you share the same values, you should consider joining us in our efforts to achieve the extraordinary!
As our Staff Engineer, iOS Mobile, you will:
- Take end to end ownership of the short and long term technical vision
- Architect, develop and maintain iOS native mobile applications
- Develop and maintain iOS native plugins for our cross-platform mobile applications
- Actively assist in keeping our Apache Cordova cross-platform current with new releases and patches
- Continuously partner with QA and Infrastructure engineers to automate our build and test pipeline
- Evaluate beta iOS releases to ensure compatibility with our native and cross-platform mobile applications as well as identify new native services and features we might leverage throughout our products
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to prototype and implement low level, device native features
- Communicate effectively with other engineers, product managers, customers, and partners.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to engineers within your team and others
- Help your team to improve the technical quality of their work through regular technical design and code reviews
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 8+ years of developing native mobile applications for iOS with Swift and/or Objective-C including:
- Developing reusable components via custom views, frameworks, or cocoapods
- Communication with JSON services with community standard libraries
- Automated UI and Unit Testing
- Solid foundations with GCD for asynchronous and parallel programming to keep the UX responsive
- Performance profiling for proper use of storage, memory and battery life with XCode and Instruments
- Familiarity with Reactive programming (Rx*) highly desirable and modern libraries such as SwiftUI, etc
- In depth knowledge of mobile architectures such as MVC, MVVM, Viper, etc..
- Experience with Apache Cordova is desirable but totally optional. However, your willingness to learn and work with Apache Cordova will be required.
Big Plus - If you're familiar with Microsoft .NET it's a big plus but also completely optional — we use C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs, Microsoft SQL Server on the backend