As a Technical Writer at ServiceTitan, you’ll be part of and represent the Documentation team across the Product org and beyond, supporting assigned product areas through engaging and effective content creation, including new-feature documentation, content updates, release notes, and other customer-facing material.
The Documentation team is made up of talented tech writers you’ll collaborative with as you work with developers, quality engineers, product managers, customer support, and usability experts to make our products easier to use. You’ll assist the Documentation team with ongoing improvements to the content and maintenance of the ServiceTitan Knowledge Base as the product grows.
As our Technical Writer, you will:
- Produce with impact: Develop effective documentation that promotes self-service and efficiency for our end-users and internal employees
- Identify and track: Help the team track and identify documentation areas impacted by UI changes and new features
- Audit and optimize: Participate in audits of existing documentation to ensure optimization of content architecture and accuracy of content
- Write clean and clear copy: Author easy-to-understand, customer-facing guides and help articles, including work with product managers and product teams to get an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements
- Collaborate and participate: Work with the Documentation team to improve content as we’re enhancing the customer experience via our help-based documentation
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Experience in technical writing, professional editing, or grant writing (2+ years preferred)
- Experience with software development/SaaS (2+ years preferred) or educational equivalent
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to organize and simplify large amounts of data and information and multi-tiered processes
- Ability to coordinate multiple ongoing projects and documentation
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and via images/media
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and JIRA, and demonstrated ability to learn new software and technical skills
Preferred Skills (if you have one of the following skills, this will be significant bonus):
- Experience with MadCap Flare or other single-source/component-based authoring tools
- Knowledge of home services industries (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and the likes)
- Familiarity with or proficiency in Salesforce Knowledge Management is a plus
Please submit a writing portfolio (3–5 writing samples) that demonstrates your ability to produce efficient and clearly written customer-facing and/or internal documentation. The portfolio should exhibit your ability to understand and implement content architecture and/or presentation of complex concepts. A diverse writing portfolio that includes online content and data visualization is preferred.
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO, parental leave
2. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/visual/dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, lunch provided everyday, fully-stocked kitchens, weekly meditation, wellness rooms, discount on Classpass
3. Enrichment: professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, an orientation program, career pathing opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
Life at ServiceTitan
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Forbes Top 100 Software Companies, 2019
Inc 5000 Most Successful Companies in America, 2019
Inc 5000 Best Places to Work, 2019
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
Deloitte Fast 500, 2019
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, 2018
Inc 5000 Best Places to Work, 2018
Inc 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies, 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Highest Rated Cloud Computing Companies, 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, 2017