Our Data Import Engineers receive projects and deadlines from several departments. The ability to own tasks, clearly communicate requirements, delays, completion and prioritize a constantly shifting schedule of deadlines is paramount. This work is highly critical to successfully building our company. It is the lynchpin of the sales and onboarding process. Data concerns are a blocker for most of our customers, so delivering high quality, highly accurate transfers is absolutely crucial and greatly appreciated by both our customers and our company.
Data Import Engineer
ServiceTitan is looking for a Data Import Engineer to join our data team. Strong candidates will have solid command of the SQL, ETL operations, in addition to very strong analytical and critical thinking skills. The most critical portion of the role is deconstructing and re-interpreting databases from other software to translate them into our database. It also includes support of existing, and development of new automated import methods. The candidate will work closely with cross departmental resources to ensure on time delivery of transferred data for customers adoption of ServiceTitan.
As our Data Import Engineer, you will:
- Map data from various legacy databases into the ServiceTitan platform, subsequently developing SQL scripts that will extract the information efficiently and accurately
- Develop automated scripts to validate legacy database values and identify previously unmapped fields prior to loading them into the ServiceTitan platform
- Apply feedback from customers and internal stakeholders on data import quality into previously developed extraction scripts
- Discover opportunities to leverage information from legacy databases into the implementation process to avoid inquiring for additional information from customers
- Establish quality working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Contribute material input to go/no-go/continue decisions upon test completion
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- 2-5 years of experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016
- Advanced knowledge and experience in T-SQL, and complex ETL tools and operations.
- Given the experimental nature of this job, we will require very tight compliance when it comes to data - we need to focus on learning
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Expert level understanding of database and data model concepts
- Vertical SaaS experience is highly desirable
- Results and solution-oriented - we want to know how we can win, not why we can’t
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
We are proud of the ServiceTitan culture - it brings together brilliant, genuine and driven individuals in an atmosphere that is positive and inclusive. Check out our culture for yourself:
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Inc 5000 Most Successful Companies in America, 2019
Inc 5000 Best Places to Work, 2019
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2018
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company, 2018
Deloitte Fast 500, 2018
Inc 5000 Best Places to Work, 2018
Inc 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies, 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Highest Rated Cloud Computing Companies, 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, 2017
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, or genetic information. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great — and there's always room for more.