You will be part of the Engineering team at ServiceTitan to help improve our products and building new ones. We provide exciting opportunities engineers to come in and develop the major features in the rapidly growing startup. We build for perfection, use the most modern tools on Microsoft .NET platform, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems.
We’re looking for an Architect to be part of the engineering team at ServiceTitan. You must have a strong background in responsive web application development and a proven ability to provide technical leadership and strong process management.
We make a huge impact on thousands of companies in U.S. and abroad by enabling them to be way more efficient. Many of features we offer — in particular, Machine Learning and AI-driven scheduling and dispatch automation — are light-years ahead of what currently exists on the market, and we love to hold this position. We build for perfection, use the most modern tools on .NET platform, have an amazing culture, love to solve complex problems, and don't fear to experiment. If you share the same values, you might find yourself in perfect company!
What you'll do
- Design, implement and improve critical systems and components powering ServiceTitan stack
- Build tools to increase efficiency of all our engineers
- Identify opportunities to extract or develop systems beneficial for multiple teams
- Improve the security, availability, reliability, and performance of our products
- Mentor and guide Engineers
- 60% development / 40% working on everything else
- Work closely with Recruiting — in particular, interview candidates and co-own activities related to lead generation (e.g. tech talks) and screening (HackerRank tests)
- Improve IC performance, processes, and quality across the whole engineering team
- Drive/Participate in all major architectural and strategic decisions
- Contribute to the roadmap and resource planning
- Determine metrics for success and constantly measure them
- Communicating effectively with cross-functional teams, engineers, Product Managers, customers, and partners
What you'll need
- 8+ years of industry experience, including with large scale enterprise web/saas applications
- 3+ years of experience on senior engineering roles (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers)
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- Microsoft .NET technology stack (C# / .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs) and SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server or any other)
- Taking existing monolithic applications to a domain based, service-driven paradigm
- Experience with large scale 3rd party integrations
- Basic Microsoft Windows administration skills including IIS administration
- Performance / reliability monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, DataDog, Application Insights)
- Log / Metric collection and analysis tools (e.g. Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana, DataDog, Interana)
- Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, Visual Studio, JIRA and other tools that are typically used by developers on Microsoft technology stack
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools (TeamCity or similar)
- Administration and building automation for Azure, AWS or other public cloud technology
- Ability to empathize with our users and champion for their experience.
- Strong knowledge of some other technology stack (e.g. Python / Unix, Java, mobile platforms, etc.)
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related technical field.
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work 2018
Inc 5000 Best Workplaces 2018
Inc 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Cloud Computing Companies 2018
Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2017