We aim to improve the World by using data and AI.
The Data Science Team is comprised of Data Scientists and AI Researchers from around the world to solve real-world business decision problems using data. Within the Data Consulting team, you will closely work with other Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Data Engineers, and Client Solution Consultants.
So, what makes us different? We are working across different industries such as retail, banking, airlines, agriculture, energy, and healthcare in the Big Data/AI space and collaborating with the Data Science and AI Research teams to turn data into action!
Our Data Science Tech Lead (you) will:
- Manage, inspire, motivate and lead a team of exceptional data scientists
- Set goals (individual and team), manage performance, and provide career coaching for mid and senior scientists to the point of promotion
- Leverage your strong data science experience to provide technical guidance at a higher level to ensure the quality of delivery and technical excellence
- Develop, facilitate and drive team and company-wide initiatives such as data science and software best practices, ways of working, and innovation initiatives
- Oversee and guide the data scientists to successfully deliver on team OKRs
- Work directly with clients to help them identify the right problems and then solve them through data science
- Work directly with internal and external (client) stakeholders, constantly challenging solutions to identify opportunities
What you will need:
- Academic degree in mathematics, scientific, technical or other relevant field
- Experience in leading a technical team, career coaching, goal setting, and giving positive and constructive feedback
- Understand and experience of the full data science process from gathering client requirements through to model deployment monitoring and continuous improvement
- Team first mentality and a servant leadership approach to coaching and managing
- Approachable, open, fun loving and an all round awesome person!
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management
What you are like:
- Have a sense for business and strategy
- Open minded (accept criticisms and eager to ask for comments/suggestions)
- Passionate for anything and everything data
- Able to share and suggest ideas
- Do tons of research, creativity is a plus here!
- Have a can do and will do attitude!
- Ready to tackle any challenges
- Able to go shoe-less (we are a shoe-free environment)
- We work at the frontier of innovation in the AI industry
- Your chance to work on meaningful products that solve and improve real-life problems and challenges
- Attractive WFH Policy
- Up early or slow starter in the morning? We have flexible office hours
- OKR-driven workplace; We provide direction, not orders and give you the autonomy to deliver your best work
- Mentorship programs for every level; from executive-level coaching to fresh grad
- We run like a startup, and embrace the adventure; we focus on getting things done, while still having a down to earth and informal culture
- Get to work and learn from the best in the industry, and share your ideas with like-minded individuals