We aim to improve the world by using data and AI.
You will be working on Fintech projects with an institutional investment fund created by financiers and technologists- Using AI, big data and cloud computing to analyse financial markets data and develop price prediction models. Focusing on investing in digital assets and cryptocurrencies.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and building state of the art data infrastructure for our internal platforms.
Collaboration and coordination with other departments to solve their use cases using data technology will be a key focus, while also
keeping up to date with new technologies to improve our current stack at QIS Capital.
What makes us different? You will learn about cutting-edge and fast-moving technologies at a leading institutional investment firm in the digital asset space.
Our Data Engineer (you) will:
● Manipulating complex data from different sources
● Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
● Implement ETL process
● Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
● Working within a team supporting software & data system development, training and integration & test infrastructure
● Identifying and solving business challenges utilizing large structured and unstructured data from different sources
● Integrate our system with multi-trading platforms and third parties as well as our internal systems
What you will need:
● Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
● At least 2 years proven work experience in data engineering.
● Passion for big data, software engineering, and systems
● Excellent analysis and reasoning of system behaviours
● Knowledge of SQL, Streaming Data Processing and Python, Scala, Java or Elixir
● Good communications skills; ability to work independently or in a team environment
● Have worked with one of the following: Hadoop, Apache Hive, Apache Flink, Amazon EMR, Apache Kafka, AWS Lambda,
Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EKS or related technology
● Ideally experience connecting trading platforms to multi-trading platforms and exchanges and the ability to build a data
pipeline system that covers the entire lifecycle
● Google Cloud or AWS Experience
What you are like:
- Have a sense for business and strategy
- Very open minded (accept criticisms and eager to ask for comments/suggestions)
- Passionate for anything and everything data and AI, and passionate for finding solutions!
- Able to share and suggest ideas
- Creativity is a plus here!
- Have a can do and will do attitude!
- Ready to tackle any challenge
- Able to go shoe-less (we are a shoe-free environment)
- We work at the frontier of innovation in the AI industry
- Your chance to work on meaningful products that solve and improve real-life problems and challenges
- Attractive WFH Policy
- Up early or slow starter in the morning? We have flexible office hours
- OKR-driven workplace; We provide direction, not orders and give you the autonomy to deliver your best work
- Mentorship programs for every level; from executive-level coaching to fresh grad
- We run like a startup, and embrace the adventure; we focus on getting things done, while still having a down to earth and informal culture.
- Get to work and learn from the best in the industry, and share your ideas with like-minded individuals
Lastly, because we cultivate intelligence and learning and help people grow beyond their potential.
This is your chance to build your career in a growing data driven industry. We seek passion and ambition to turn data into action!