As a Senior Data Protection/Privacy Specialist, you will develop our data protection and privacy services in Thailand by helping our clients to define strategies for risk-based data governance. You will advise on legal, operational and technical risks and put in place mitigating controls while leveraging our data analytics and AI capabilities and tools.
What you will need:
- A university or bachelor degree in law or any other relevant domain.
- 3 to 7 years of hands-on experience in data protection and privacy in a law firm and/or professional services firm.
- Out-of-the-box thinking to help our clients address the data protection and privacy challenges at local and regional level.
- Good knowledge and understanding of core data protection and privacy concepts as well as the link to information security.
- The ability to build and lead a multidisciplinary teams.
- Performing analysis and research on a variety of regulatory and technical topics.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills.
- Experience in drafting reports, executive summaries and presentations.
- Ability to plan and execute projects with a focus on quality and positive client experience.
- Build in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and stay up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends and leading practices.
- Fluency in English and Thai.
It's a plus if you have:
- Certifications such as CIPP/E or CIPP/A or CIPT;
- Experience with GDPR compliance, gap assessments, drafting implementation roadmaps, performing DPIAs, conducting awareness sessions, etc.;
- Experience with information security or IT security;
- Experience with audit an assurance;
- Experience with cloud computing and facial recognition;
- Experience in communicating issues with management, third parties, IT teams and legal.
What you are like:
- Love getting things done.
- Very open minded - eager to ask for comments/suggestions for improvement.
- Passionate for everything data.
- Able to share and suggest ideas.
- Love doing research.
- Able to go shoe-less (we are a shoe-free environment).
- Can play an instrument is a plus!