Who is Serotonin
Serotonin is the leading breakthrough marketing and communications partner for digital asset companies, working with the top businesses and entrepreneurs in the industry on brand positioning, media relations, content, growth marketing, and go-to-market strategy. We bring together a deep expertise in financial services, digital assets, and decentralizing technologies to help innovators tackle some of the biggest challenges facing business and society by building the next generation of products, services, and experiences. Serotonin offers competitive market compensation and a remote work environment.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Engineer to join our new product studio team on a new product development. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in software development along with broad experience across other functional areas such as design, product, and data. A background in early stage startups and 0 to 1 product development is strongly preferred.
- Evaluate and select the most suitable technologies, tools, and frameworks for new product development projects.
- Design and develop product architectures that balance flexibility with speed.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to translate ideas into actionable engineering tasks.
- Implement, test, and maintain high-quality code, ensuring the delivery of robust, scalable, and maintainable software over time.
- Help to grow the engineering team, through both formal processes such as hiring and performance management and informal processes such as technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in the blockchain and cryptocurrency domains.
- Drive the integration of smart contract technologies into the product stack when applicable and contribute to the development of smart contract best practices.
- Continuously improve the development process, identifying opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development, with a strong focus on prototyping and new product development.
- You are opinionated, independent, appreciate ownership, and thrive in a high-velocity environment.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing scalable and maintainable software architectures.
- Comfort with ambiguity and an ability to make progress independently.
- Experience with a variety of software development processes and an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- A passion for staying up-to-date with emerging technologies, trends, and best practices in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry.
- Familiarity with smart contract development and people management is a plus, but not essential.
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance - (US Only)
- 401(k) - (US Only)
- Remote Work Environment