Who is Serotonin
Serotonin is the leading web3 services company with a core focus in marketing, recruiting, consulting and product development. We bring together a deep expertise in financial services, digital assets, and decentralized technologies to help innovators tackle some of the biggest challenges facing business and society. Serotonin has spun-out Mojito and Franklin from the product studio and is currently working on its third product. Serotonin offers competitive market compensation and a remote work environment.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Founding Engineer to join our new product studio team on a new product development. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in software development along with broad experience across other functional areas such as design, product, and data. A background in early stage startups and 0 to 1 product development is strongly preferred.
- Evaluate and select the most suitable technologies, tools, and frameworks for new product development projects.
- Design and develop product architectures that balance flexibility with speed.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to translate ideas into actionable engineering tasks.
- Implement, test, and maintain high-quality code, ensuring the delivery of robust, scalable, and maintainable software over time.
- Help to grow the engineering team, through both formal processes such as hiring and performance management and informal processes such as technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in the blockchain and cryptocurrency domains.
- Drive the integration of smart contract technologies into the product stack when applicable and contribute to the development of smart contract best practices.
- Continuously improve the development process, identifying opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development, with a strong focus on prototyping and new product development.
- You are opinionated, independent, appreciate ownership, and have a proactive, solutions oriented mindset.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing scalable and maintainable software architectures.
- Comfort with ambiguity and an ability to make progress independently.
- Experience with a variety of software development processes and an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- A passion for staying up-to-date with emerging technologies, trends, and best practices in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry.
- Familiarity with smart contract development and people management is a plus, but not essential.
- North American time zones preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance - (US Only)
- 401(k) - (US Only)
- Remote Work Environment