What You Get To Do:
- Lead the PBP initiatives for your functions, supporting and promoting Sequoia values and culture, and developing relationships and strategies that are recognized in industry as a role model for partnering across the business
- Partner closely with all disciplines on the People Team including Talent Acquisition, Operations, Systems, Total Rewards as well as cross-functionally to ensure that we have seamlessly integrated programs
- Own the organizational strategy for your practice area ensuring that organizational design as well as HR tools and programs are supporting and advancing the dynamic business growth of your area.
- Provide consultation on HR related topics and programs for both leaders and colleagues including TA, workforce planning, succession planning, performance improvement, organizational design and team dynamics, talent mobility, performance management and exit discussions
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of colleagues, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Derive insights from data to support decision making and clearly present/communicate complex ideas and solutions to your client groups
- Demonstrate a hunger for learning, change management and problem-solving with an understanding of complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and growth oriented challenges
- Act as a champion of the Sequoia culture, always mindful of how practices and programs can continue to strengthen, honor and reward our core values
- Ensure that our programs and practices encourage and constantly support our culture of inclusivity and diversity, using data to inform decision making and verify our outcomes
- Build data collection, analysis and insights as a foundation to the Business Partner Practice, ensuring that you have a constant pulse on the needs of the environment and constant demographic changes
- Communicate and liaise effectively with the executive team, leadership teams and across the People Team, soliciting input and partnership regarding direction, programs, policies, and cycles.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required; Masters Degree an asset
- 5-7 years of experience in the Business Partner Practice; 5 years at a senior level
- A reputation and track record for partnering with leaders as a true Business Partner; helping to drive their organizational agenda and staying ahead of growth challenges
- Ability to interface cross-departmentally with colleagues and partners using exceptional communication skills
- You are fueled by curiosity, data, technology understanding the future direction of the company and how to position and strengthen the People Practice to support the business.
- Most importantly, you resonate with and are excited to live and exemplify our Sequoia values day in and day out. Every program designed is in support and protection of our unique and treasured culture and you serve as an obvious example of our values
Sequoia exists to come through for people who put their trust in us. Our team members live by a set of core values that underscore everything we do – for each other and for our clients. We expect that these will resonate with you, excite you, and empower you to do your best work:
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia offers team members compensation and benefits to support the physical, financial and emotional wellbeing of you and your loved ones. We continuously and purposefully build an inclusive culture, designed to empower everyone to do their best work.
Our compensation and benefits are thoughtful, competitive and leading edge, but most of all, they reflect what our people value most.
We employ diverse talent across North America and India. We focus on well-rounded, values-based colleagues to add to our culture and help us forge new ground.
Sequoia provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We are building something special in the world of HR and this is an important role for us, and an incredible opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us truly make a difference investing in people.
For more than 20 years, people-driven companies have turned to Sequoia to get their employee experience right. We’re in this business because we know that taking great care of people leads to better business outcomes. Helping our clients achieve those outcomes is what drives our team, our strategic service offerings, and our technology forward.
Sequoia comes through for clients with guidance, service, and the Sequoia People Platform. Through their compensation, benefits, and overall people programs, we enable them to better manage their global workforce, reduce administrative burdens, and reach a deeper level of employee care and support. We strategically use technology to enhance the expert guidance and committed service we bring to every client engagement.