The 401(k) Consultant position is a consultative sales and relationship management role responsible for new business, service and building strong client relationships for our retirement division.
- Conduct initial sales meetings and adding new clients on target
- Design, implement, communicate and service 401(k) programs for new and existing clients
- Present market analysis to clients and prospects
- Drive and manage the client decision making process
- Conduct enrollment meetings, and partner with the Client Service Management team during the implementation process
- Provide ongoing service to Sequoia Consulting Group’s clients
- 7+ years of successful sales experience in outside sales
- Proven success within the Retirement industry
- An individual of high integrity with good judgment skills, and who is committed to doing what is right for their clients.
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with CEOs, CFOs, Executive Staff and Human Resources Professionals.
- The drive to succeed and possess a professional track record of high achievement in sales.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, tact, negotiation and closing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships.
- Must be resourceful, responsive, team focused and committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Sequoia exists to come through for people who put their trust in us. Our team members live by a set of core values that underscore everything we do – for each other and for our clients. We expect that these will resonate with you, excite you, and empower you to do your best work:
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia offers team members compensation and benefits to support the physical, financial and emotional wellbeing of you and your loved ones. We continuously and purposefully build an inclusive culture, designed to empower everyone to do their best work.
Our compensation and benefits are thoughtful, competitive and leading edge, but most of all, they reflect what our people value most.
We employ diverse talent across North America and India. We focus on well-rounded, values-based colleagues to add to our culture and help us forge new ground.
Sequoia provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We are building something special in the world of HR and this is an important role for us, and an incredible opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us truly make a difference investing in people.
For more than 20 years, people-driven companies have turned to Sequoia to get their employee experience right. We’re in this business because we know that taking great care of people leads to better business outcomes. Helping our clients achieve those outcomes is what drives our team, our strategic service offerings, and our technology forward.
Sequoia comes through for clients with guidance, service, and the Sequoia People Platform. Through their compensation, benefits, and overall people programs, we enable them to better manage their global workforce, reduce administrative burdens, and reach a deeper level of employee care and support. We strategically use technology to enhance the expert guidance and committed service we bring to every client engagement.