Sequoia is looking for an experienced Senior Director, Client Experience to support the complex needs of our growing Enterprise client service team as we evolve our service model to incorporate software as a backbone of enablement.
As Senior Director, Client Service you will help architect and grow our ability to deliver world class service to 1,700+ clients with Sequoia’s philosophy of guidance + service + technology. This is an opportunity to lead our Enterprise service team and make a meaningful impact on team members’ work, how Sequoia serves clients through Total People Investment, and help align technology and client success.
What You'll Get to Do
- Deliver and manage world-class client service processes at scale at every point in the client lifecycle for domestic benefit clients across the Enterprise market team
- Help define, evangelize and drive long-term strategy for our client service teams
- Motivate and inspire client service teams, ensure they are fully supported and empowered to deliver on their goals
- Lead client services through change as we transition to serving clients in a digital environment, the Sequoia Way
- Lead both functional and cross-functional initiatives to drive operational excellence and scalability
- Manage director-level and managerial-level team members with 50+ team members reporting into your function.
- Partner closely with Enterprise leadership team, other market team leaders and client service managers to continue to build and scale a world-class client service organization
- The success metrics in this role will include ensuring client retention, NPS, team engagement, team member retention and productivity
What You'll Have
- 10+ years of client success and operational experience with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership, including experience leading large cross-functional groups
- Paramount to understand Enterprise clients needs, relationships and decision- making
- Experience managing groups through a large change in their client service delivery
- Demonstrated experience improving workflows, efficiency and implementing process change
- A client-centric, operational and innovative mindset offering creative concepts and ideas
- The ability to develop effective working relationships and partnerships
- Proactive and performance/metric-driven
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in an entrepreneurial work environment
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to develop and implement a long-term strategic plan
- BA/BS Degree
Sequoia exists to come through for people who put their trust in us. Our team members live by a set of core values that underscore everything we do – for each other and for our clients. We expect that these will resonate with you, excite you, and empower you to do your best work:
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia offers team members compensation and benefits to support the physical, financial and emotional wellbeing of you and your loved ones. We continuously and purposefully build an inclusive culture, designed to empower everyone to do their best work.
Our compensation and benefits are thoughtful, competitive and leading edge, but most of all, they reflect what our people value most.
We employ diverse talent across North America and India. We focus on well-rounded, values-based colleagues to add to our culture and help us forge new ground.
Sequoia provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We are building something special in the world of HR and this is an important role for us, and an incredible opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us truly make a difference investing in people.
For more than 20 years, people-driven companies have turned to Sequoia to get their employee experience right. We’re in this business because we know that taking great care of people leads to better business outcomes. Helping our clients achieve those outcomes is what drives our team, our strategic service offerings, and our technology forward.
Sequoia comes through for clients with guidance, service, and the Sequoia People Platform. Through their compensation, benefits, and overall people programs, we enable them to better manage their global workforce, reduce administrative burdens, and reach a deeper level of employee care and support. We strategically use technology to enhance the expert guidance and committed service we bring to every client engagement.