- Design and build advanced app features for the iOS platform written in Swift
- Carry out unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work with a team of talented iOS engineers on developing amazing native apps, product management, and UX to execute concepts using excellent software design, coding, and processes
- Independently craft project solutions by applying solid Object-Oriented-Design principles and maintaining code quality
- Drive architecture decisions focused on maintainable solutions influenced by iOS best practices
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify and correct bottlenecks, fix bugs, and work on application performance
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of app development experience in iOS (preferably Swift)
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, and Core Text
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle and experience, releasing, and maintaining iOS applications in App Store Connect is must
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies and Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Unit and UI testing experience with XCTest
- Experience with Fastlane, TestFlight, Cocoapods, Carthage, CoreData, Realm, CoreLocation, ARKit, CoreML, Core Bluetooth, and graphing libraries (Charts, SwiftCharts, etc) a strong plus
- Proactive and driven working style with the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and independently
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- BS/MS in computer science or a related field
Sequoia exists to come through for people who put their trust in us. Our team members live by a set of core values that underscore everything we do – for each other and for our clients. We expect that these will resonate with you, excite you, and empower you to do your best work:
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia offers team members compensation and benefits to support the physical, financial and emotional wellbeing of you and your loved ones. We continuously and purposefully build an inclusive culture, designed to empower everyone to do their best work.
Our compensation and benefits are thoughtful, competitive and leading edge, but most of all, they reflect what our people value most.
We employ diverse talent across North America and India. We focus on well-rounded, values-based colleagues to add to our culture and help us forge new ground.
Sequoia provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We are building something special in the world of HR and this is an important role for us, and an incredible opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us truly make a difference investing in people.
For more than 20 years, people-driven companies have turned to Sequoia to get their employee experience right. We’re in this business because we know that taking great care of people leads to better business outcomes. Helping our clients achieve those outcomes is what drives our team, our strategic service offerings, and our technology forward.
Sequoia comes through for clients with guidance, service, and the Sequoia People Platform. Through their compensation, benefits, and overall people programs, we enable them to better manage their global workforce, reduce administrative burdens, and reach a deeper level of employee care and support. We strategically use technology to enhance the expert guidance and committed service we bring to every client engagement.