We are looking for an experienced, relationship-oriented Global Sales Consultant who thrives on working with one of the world's most innovative, people-driven companies. Sequoia’s Global Benefits team is one of the most respected and successful in our industry. We’ve gotten there by focusing on long-term relationship building, team selling and coming through for clients and fellow team members.
The Global Sales Consultant is committed to producing new business while ensuring overall client satisfaction by proactively managing & anticipating the needs of clients & prospects.
What you get to do:
- Produce new business revenue by developing new and enhancing global relationships with HR, Total Rewards and Finance Decision Makers at leading people-drive companies
- Ensure overall client satisfaction by proactively managing and anticipating the global needs of clients and prospects working in partnership with their dedicated client service management team
- Develop a rich understanding of what’s critical to your client’s business and global benefits strategy
- Be a thought partner to the client team to incorporate that understanding into the global benefits strategy
- Work alongside your client team to help design, implement, communicate and service global benefit programs for new and existing Sequoia clients in the Enterprise Market)
- Partner with Employee Benefits, Financial Services, Global Benefits and Technology Solutions to sell a unified solution for existing clients and prospects
- Present market analysis, recommendations to clients/prospects while helping to drive and manage the client decision making process.
- Provide strategic analysis, development and consulting expertise for clients’ global benefit programs
- Educate clients on benefit plan management and compliance with local country regulations and market practice
- Consult on multinational pooling, captives, global underwriting, and other global benefit financing mechanisms
- Advise on global traveler/medical/expatriate programs
- Manage global client projects to ensure successful outcomes
- Prospecting of new client relationships and ownership in the sales process (RFP responses, finalist interviews, etc.)
- Deliver on our brand of uncompromising client service
- 5-10 years of global benefits sales experience
- Broad knowledge of and experience with local country employee benefits and global travel plans
- Credibility and knowledge with respect to global benefits strategy development, multinational pooling, global wellbeing concepts, and global benefits administration
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally and commitment to coming through for people
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with CEOs, CFOs, executive staff, and Human Resource professionals
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, tact, negotiation and closing skills
- BS/BA degree required
Sequoia exists to come through for people who put their trust in us. Our team members live by a set of core values that underscore everything we do – for each other and for our clients. We expect that these will resonate with you, excite you, and empower you to do your best work:
Passion for service
Caring for others
Focused on relationship building
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia offers team members compensation and benefits to support the physical, financial and emotional wellbeing of you and your loved ones. We continuously and purposefully build an inclusive culture, designed to empower everyone to do their best work.
Our compensation and benefits are thoughtful, competitive and leading edge, but most of all, they reflect what our people value most.
We employ diverse talent across North America and India. We focus on well-rounded, values-based colleagues to add to our culture and help us forge new ground.
Sequoia provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We are building something special in the world of HR and this is an important role for us, and an incredible opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us truly make a difference investing in people.
For more than 20 years, people-driven companies have turned to Sequoia to get their employee experience right. We’re in this business because we know that taking great care of people leads to better business outcomes. Helping our clients achieve those outcomes is what drives our team, our strategic service offerings, and our technology forward.
Sequoia comes through for clients with guidance, service, and the Sequoia People Platform. Through their compensation, benefits, and overall people programs, we enable them to better manage their global workforce, reduce administrative burdens, and reach a deeper level of employee care and support. We strategically use technology to enhance the expert guidance and committed service we bring to every client engagement.