The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Team
The Growth Team at Sentry is dedicated to building world class user experience for our users, the developers! We are a multi-disciplinary team that works across the entire product engineering stack, often bringing together resources from design, and data science to drive exponential growth for Sentry. We are building end-to-end product experiences and constantly innovating across the board to bring Sentry to developers throughout the world. This may just be one of the reasons why developers across the world love Sentry. If you want to build and improve product features that empower software development teams to do their best work, all while writing open source code, we'd like to talk to you.
About the Role / Impact
You'll love this job if you:
- Get excited about making a measurable impact on Sentry’s growth
- Love working on innovative ideas that lead to significant changes in user acquisition, engagement and revenue
- Are able to ship quickly and independently without creating long-term technical debt
In this role, you will:
- Work with product and design to define, implement and ship new features and experiments
- Brainstorm opportunities for user growth with the team, whether they are new innovations or optimizations of existing flows
- Run A/B experiments for product features and optimizations with data analysis on results
- Participate in engineering discussions and initiatives to help take the team to the next level
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
You'll be successful in this role if you have:
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Experience in building large scale web applications (React, Typescript, Django, Postgres)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Bonus: Experience with contributing to or maintaining open source projects
Example of a project our team has worked on: https://blog.sentry.io/2019/04/08/growing-adoption-building-modern-clippy
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.