Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 90,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the role
As a Senior Product Designer on Sentry's Core Product team, you will work with a seasoned squad on our largest and most popular product experience. This is a high-impact role; not only is Issues the main entry point to Sentry, it's where teams across the company surface actionable issues for our users. You'll be working on fundamental improvements to the experience that will help maximize the vibe for millions of developers.
We are a small but mighty team of designers from companies such as PagerDuty, Gusto, Square, GitHub, and more. Sure, we're an elite squad of problem solvers and dot connectors, but we don't let that go to our heads.
In this role you will
- Have a huge impact by designing core improvements to the largest and most popular parts of Sentry
- Help developers across the globe be more efficient by maximizing signal and limiting noise
- Be instrumental in creating a consistent look and feel throughout our products
- Help define systems to enable our design and frontend teams to be more efficient and collaborative
- Contribute to our component library and design documentation
You’ll love this job if you
- Love making the lives of engineers and/or your fellow designers easier
- Enjoy working cross-functionally and building out features alongside developers and product teams
- Respect the value of design constraints but enjoy pushing their limits
- Are a strong advocate for UX, UI and visual design
- Are passionate about open source and wouldn't mind more green boxes on your contribution graph
- 5+ years of product design experience, or a portfolio that can trick us into believing so (a link to a portfolio or relevant work is required)
- Frontend experience with HTML/CSS and an understanding of how to design for the web
- Impeccable taste and knack for attention to detail
- Experience with conducting user interviews and parsing results
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Framer, or other modern design tools
- Experience with reducing complex concepts into approachable workflows
- An active GitHub profile and/or contributions to open source projects
- Experience with SVG, specifically for data visualization
- Experience with version control
- You've designed and built tools apart of small teams in the past
- You are familiar with the developer process and workflow, and what annoys them
- Find it challenging to decide whether to label yourself as an Engineer or a Designer due to your proficiency in HTML & CSS
The base salary range (or hourly wage range, if applicable) that Sentry reasonably expects to pay for this position is $150,000 to $200,000. A successful candidate’s actual base salary (or hourly wage) amount will be determined by a variety of relevant factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s work location, education, work and other relevant experience, skills, and job-related knowledge. A successful candidate will be eligible to participate in Sentry’s employee benefit plans/programs applicable to the candidate’s position (including incentive compensation, equity grants, paid time off, and group health insurance coverage). See Sentry Benefits for more details about the Company’s benefit plans/programs.
Equal Opportunity at Sentry
Sentry is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and candidates for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally-protected characteristic. This commitment includes the provision of reasonable accommodations to employees and candidates for employment with physical or mental disabilities who require such accommodations in order to (a) perform the essential functions of their jobs, or (b) seek employment with Sentry. We strive to build a diverse team, with an inclusive culture where every teammate can thrive. Sentry is an open-source company because we believe that everyone, everywhere, should have the ability and tools to make great software. Software should be accessible. That starts with making our industry accessible.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.