Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the role
We're looking for a Full Stack Engineer to help shape the future of code coverage for our customers and help us solve the most interesting challenges in code testing.
In this role you will
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and subject matter experts to deliver impactful outcomes to the organization
- Design and implement scalable, performant backend endpoints
- Work with the design team to deliver high quality frontend components
- Serve as a technical leader and mentor on one of Codecov’s core engineering teams, helping to unblock others and prioritize their tasks
- Frequently interact with other engineering, product, and business teams to help drive the future of Codecov’s products
You’ll love this job if you
- Have a deep empathy for developers and a passion for helping to alleviate their pain points
- Thrive in cross-functional environments, collaborating with individuals across many disciplines to deliver the best solutions possible
- Contributed within a high-performing software engineering organization before and value high-quality work with attention to detail
- 6+ years experience designing, developing, extending, and maintaining high volume mission critical systems used by hundreds of thousands of end users
- Experience with Python is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Django, React, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL is a nice to have, but also not required
- Providing technical leadership to an engineering team, this can be experience with mentoring, pair programming, breaking down tasks for more junior engineers, reviewing pull requests, etc
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
The base salary range (or hourly wage range, if applicable) that Sentry reasonably expects to pay for this position is $80,000 to $220,000. A successful candidate’s actual base salary (or hourly wage) amount will be determined by a variety of relevant factors including, without limitation, the candidate’s work location, education, work and other relevant experience, skills, and job-related knowledge. A successful candidate will be eligible to participate in Sentry’s employee benefit plans/programs applicable to the candidate’s position (including incentive compensation, equity grants, paid time off, and group health insurance coverage). See Sentry Benefits for more details about the Company’s benefit plans/programs.
Equal Opportunity at Sentry
Sentry is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to its employees and candidates for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally-protected characteristic. This commitment includes the provision of reasonable accommodations to employees and candidates for employment with physical or mental disabilities who require such accommodations in order to (a) perform the essential functions of their jobs, or (b) seek employment with Sentry. We strive to build a diverse team, with an inclusive culture where every teammate can thrive. Sentry is an open-source company because we believe that everyone, everywhere, should have the ability and tools to make great software. Software should be accessible. That starts with making our industry accessible.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.