Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer, Ingest, on our client infrastructure team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software Engineers that is responsible for the client-facing operation of Sentry. This includes building and maintaining our event ingestion and processing pipeline, most notably Relay. This means you will be involved in the design and evolution of both external and internal services, as well as create new mission-critical software at Sentry.
If you want to build and improve product features that empower software development teams to do their best work, all while writing open source code, this could be the role for you.
In this role you will
- Develop horizontally scalable and globally distributed infrastructure that delivers mission-critical data from customer applications to Sentry
- Work in the Client Infrastructure team to improve and evolve our processing pipeline and the services we use to scale Sentry
- Puzzle over unique challenges in the fields of distributed systems, performance optimization, high-performance data processing pipelines
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we process over a billion events every day)
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers and customers
You'll love this job if you
- Take challenges that you don't see every day, daily
- Care about writing highly performant, high-quality code
- Want to build a product by developers for developers
- Get excited about joining a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- Want to contribute to open source full-time — our product is entirely Open Source
- Enjoy working in an agile team of engineers who push themselves and others to do better
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience in solving complex problems by developing high-quality, high-performance software
- Experience in programming languages (Rust, Python, C++, Golang, etc)
- Bonus points for working with distributed systems and streaming / queuing platforms (e.g. Kafka)
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
- Live in the Vienna, Austria area or are willing to relocate
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Lunch reimbursement
- Learning & Development stipend and various other benefits
- Flexible working schedule
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet-friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to, Vienna, Austria area
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 52,220,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and our starting point is EUR 91,000-- gross per year.