Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
As a Web Platform SDK Engineer on our client infrastructure team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software Engineers that are responsible for the client-facing operation of Sentry. This includes building and maintaining our web SDKs that are used to send events to the Sentry backend. You will join our team that is responsible not just for the client SDKs work but also the main event processing pipeline. This means you will also be involved in the design and evolution of the APIs used to ingest events into the backend.
In this role you will:
- Work in the client infrastructure team to improve and evolve our web SDKs.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we ingest over a billion events every day).
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers and customers.
- Assist Customer Operations to resolve live customer issues when bugs sneak into production caused by the SDKs.
You'll love this job if you:
- Take pride in building features that don't just work but are also delightful to use.
- Want to build a product by developers for developers.
- Want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly.
- Get excited about contributing to open source full-time — our product is entirely Open Source.
- Enjoy working with collaborative, thoughtful engineers who push themselves and others to do better.
- 5+ years as a Software Engineer and/or related role (e.g. web developer, SDK engineer).
- Experience in developing web applications / SDKs.
- Bonus points for experience with Python, or experience maintaining open-source libraries.
- Good written and spoken English communication skills.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Lunch reimbursement
- Learning & Development stipend and various other benefits
- Flexible working schedule
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet-friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to, Vienna, Austria area
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR EUR 52.220,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.