Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 80,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About This Role
Sentry got its start as an Open Source project that provides an amazing experience for developers to detect and eliminate errors in their code. Delivering on this promise to every developer is still our passion today and the Error Monitoring team is responsible for the continued evolution of our core product offering. From refining the troubleshooting capabilities we are known for, to building new capabilities in the domain of alerts and reports, you'll be focussed on how to deliver even more value for our users.
You'll lead a Product Management team and will be responsible for developing and communicating a compelling product strategy for Sentry's core Error Monitoring product and engineering groups. At Sentry, a successful product manager is customer-focused so that they can discover and define capabilities that are valuable to users and make an impact on our overall mission. You've got the technical chops to enable you to collaborate closely with your partners in Engineering to refine requirements and set priorities. Finally, as a leader, you'll be involved in the hiring and development of product managers.
In this role you will:
- Define and present product strategy and roadmap for your area to internal stakeholders and to customers
- Oversee the work of a team of product managers, many of whom you'll hire
- Accelerate and refine Sentry's flagship product offering, Error Monitoring, taking it from great to legendary
- Collaborate with developers and engineering management to make good product decisions, set priorities, and measure outcomes
- Coordinate product efforts in Engineering, Sales, and Marketing distributed across Europe, Canada, and the United States
- Be the voice of the customer
You'll love this job if you:
- Are adaptable and enjoy change - we have all the opportunities and challenges a rapidly growing startup faces
- Enjoy hiring and mentoring employees so that they can be their best selves - growing the team is as important as results
- Love learning - our industry and technology space is always evolving, the technologies we support are numerous
- Blend a passion for both technology and business - you'll be working with engineers, customers, and executives
- Drive results - we set ambitious goals and measure how we fare against them
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA or equivalent level of work experience
- 3+ years of experience managing other product managers
- Experience with SaaS, web technologies, and lifecycle management in a fast-paced software environment
- Experience with software development and managing end-to-end execution of programs that span multiple engineering teams
- The ability to code, however rusty. You won't be writing code, but knowing your way around a for loop really helps to understand our customers and demo your product
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.