Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 80,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About This Role
At Sentry we deal with data, lots of it — billions of events a month. Our customers depend on this data to understand how well their applications are working and improve them when they aren't. The Telemetry product team is responsible for the development of the SDKs and services that collect, ingest, and process all this data and in turn converting that into useful information for our users. They also frequently champion new product efforts that are eventually adopted throughout the company.
You'll lead a Product Management team and will be responsible for developing and communicating a compelling product strategy for the Telemetry product and engineering groups. At Sentry, a successful product manager is customer-focused so that they can discover and define capabilities that are valuable to users and make an impact on our overall mission. You've got the technical chops to enable you to collaborate closely with your partners in Engineering to refine requirements and set priorities. Finally, as a leader, you'll be involved in the hiring and development of junior product managers.
In this role you will:
- Define and present product strategy and roadmap for your area to internal stakeholders and to customers
- Oversee the work of a team of product managers, many of whom you'll hire
- Lead the successful market introduction of Sentry's new metrics product to accelerate the growth of our business
- Collaborate with developers and engineering management to make good product decisions, set priorities, and measure outcomes
- Coordinate product efforts in Vienna with Engineering, Sales, and Marketing distributed across Europe, Canada, and the United States
- Be the voice of the customer
You'll love this job if you:
- Are adaptable and enjoy change - we have all the opportunities and challenges a rapidly growing startup faces
- Enjoy mentoring employees so that they can be their best selves - you'll be the senior local product manager
- Love learning - our industry and technology space is always evolving, the technologies we support are numerous
- Blend a passion for both technology and business - you'll be working with engineers, customers, and executives
- Drive results - we set ambitious goals and measure how we fare against them
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA or equivalent level of work experience
- 3+ years of experience managing other product managers
- Experience with SaaS, web technologies, and lifecycle management in a fast-paced software environment
- Experience with software development and managing end-to-end execution of programs that span multiple engineering teams
- The ability to code, however rusty. You won't be writing code, but knowing your way around a for loop really helps to understand our customers and demo your product
- Living in, willing to relocate to Vienna, Austria, or able to put in significant face-time there. We will return to a 3x a week in-office work schedule when it is safe.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Lunch reimbursement
- Learning & Development stipend and various other benefits
- Flexible working schedule
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet-friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to, Vienna, Austria area
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 74,970-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.