Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 80,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
Sentry is used by enterprise-level customers to empower their large engineering organizations to better triage and debug production software issues. Those customers have needs that go beyond smaller customers: accounts with 1000+ users and projects, unique problems around managing and attributing usage, sensitive data privacy needs, international data storage regulations and strong requirements around auditing and access control.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the Enterprise team, you will ensure that Sentry will work well for our enterprise-level customers. We are building a suite of features to help admins onboard their company, manage their teams' workflow, and see the value that their engineering organization is getting from Sentry. On top of that, the team owns critical services such as authentication and authorization. You will work on building new user experiences that are user-friendly with impeccable attention to design details.
In this role you will:
- Create web interfaces using technologies such as React (TypeScript) and Django (Python) in our open-source codebase
- Have opportunities to work on high-impact projects that touch the entire stack: from hybrid-cloud deployments; across the entire event ingestion pipeline; delving into search and storage systems; and surfacing that data to our customers with our backend and frontend codebases (did we mention that they are all open-source?)
- Own the user experience and engineering quality for authentication and authorization services
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company including engineering, product, sales, and marketing to launch new features.
- Review code and mentor less-experienced engineers.
- Build tests for your code to maintain a high standard of quality for Sentry.
- Write documentation to support new features with our technical writing staff.
You'll love this job if you:
- You want to be the change you seek in the world, improve Sentry and use Sentry to make Sentry better. You are the target customer for the software you build, and you can influence what makes it into the product.
- You relish the idea of making small improvements to a tool that magnify into days of saved time across our customer base.
- You want to delve deeper than the UI layer to learn about the systems and services powering the APIs that you are using.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or related field, and/or relevant experience.
- Have a solid understanding of React, bonus points for experience with Typescript.
- Have a good grasp of Python, bonus points for experience with Django and building REST APIs
- Be passionate about improving the debugging tools that developers use.
- Bonus: You know what SAML and SCIM means without Googling it
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.