Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 80,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, on the Ingest team, in our client infrastructure team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software Engineers that is responsible for the client facing operation of Sentry. This includes building and maintaining our event ingestion and processing pipeline, most notably Relay. This means you will be involved in the design and evolution of both external and internal services, as well as create new mission critical software at Sentry.
You will also participate in innovations like our new Metrics product.
If you want to build and improve product features that empower software development teams to do their best work, all while writing open source code, this could be the role for you.
In this role you will:
- Develop horizontally scalable and globally distributed infrastructure that delivers mission-critical data from customer applications to Sentry.
- Work in the Client Infrastructure team to improve and evolve our processing pipeline and the services we use to scale Sentry.
- Puzzle over unique challenges in the fields of distributed systems, performance optimization, high performance data processing pipelines.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we process over a billion events every day.)
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers and customers.
You'll love this job if:
- You like to take challenges that you don't see every day, daily.
- You care about writing highly performant, high quality code.
- You build a product by developers for developers.
- You join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly.
- You contribute to open source full-time — our product is entirely Open Source.
- You work in an agile team of engineers who push themselves and others to do better.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in solving complex problems by developing high quality, high performance software.
- Experience in programming languages (Rust, Python, etc.)
- Know your way to work in an agile team (Scrum, Kanban), Scrum Master Certification a Plus.
- Good written and spoken English communication skills.
- Live in the Vienna, Austria area or are willing to relocate.
- Contribute to an open-source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Lunch reimbursement
- Learning & Development stipend and various other benefits
- Flexible working schedule
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet-friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to, Vienna, Austria area
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 50,652-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.