Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry is looking for talented new graduates to join our growing Software Engineering team. Engineers at Sentry are challenged to solve a range of technical problems: from building fast and delightful UIs for navigating millions of error and performance events, to architecting solutions that ingest, store, and index terabytes of data every day. As a Software Engineer, New Grad (2022), you will be coached by a diverse team of multi-talented engineers and will directly impact a complex and growing codebase.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, and operating in production
- Communicate effectively with other engineers in the same team, with other teams and with various other stakeholders (such as product managers)
- Act on feedback, coaching, and mentorship from your manager and teammates
You'll love this job if:
- You want to actively use the product you're building (we dogfood Sentry every day)
- You want to start your career at a high-growth startup
- You want to join a modern software development team that iterates & ships code rapidly
- You're excited at the opportunity to contribute to an open-source project every day
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or similar degree program) graduating in Winter 2021 or Spring 2022
- At least 1 previous internship or equivalent practical experience
- Good knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design principles
- Experience working with version control and unit testing
- The start date is September 2022
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.