Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 80,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
As a React Native SDK Engineer on our client infrastructure team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software Engineers that are responsible for the client facing operation of Sentry. This includes building and maintaining our mobile React Native SDKs and the ecosystem surrounding it (expo, hermes, integrations). You will join our team that is responsible not just for the client SDKs work but also the main event processing pipeline. This means you will also be involved in the design and evolution of the APIs used to ingest events into the backend.
In this role you will:
- Work in the client infrastructure team to improve and evolve our React Native SDKs and mobile and desktop related features
- Use a variety of programming languages, systems, and technologies to own and solve problems related to mobile (TypeScript in the SDK — on the backend we use primarily Python and Rust, a bit of Java/Kotlin and/or Swift/Objective-C is a plus)
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we ingest over a billion events every day)
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers and customers
- Assist Customer Operations to resolve live customer issues when bugs sneak into production caused by the SDKs
You'll love this job if:
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but are also delightful to use
- You build a product by developers for developers
- You join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You contribute to open source full-time — our product is entirely Open Source
- You work with collaborative, thoughtful engineers who push themselves and others to do better
Examples of projects our team has worked on:
- 2+ years as a Software Engineer and/or related role (e.g. mobile app developer, SDK engineer)
- Experience in developing for mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android)
- Experience in programming languages used on mobile platforms (TypeScript, Kotlin, Swift, etc.)
- Bonus points for experience with C, C++ or low level languages
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
- Live in the Vienna, Austria area or are willing to relocate
- Have a valid work permit for EU / Austria
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Flexible working schedule
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 58.926,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.