Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and over 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The security team is responsible for and committed to securing all things Sentry. From our customers, to our code, and everything in between, the security team is involved in all aspects of the business in pursuit of that goal.
Sentry is looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join our growing security team, working on helping secure our code and infrastructure that make up the product side of Sentry.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with engineering to help secure code and infrastructure.
- Design, build, and/or deploy tooling to proactively identify security issues before they are introduced into production
- Take an active role in Sentry's Bug Bounty program
- Participate in architectural and design reviews of upcoming products and features
You'll love this job if you:
- Enjoy implementing technical security controls over writing policy.
- Prefer working with engineering teams at design time to bake security in product from the start
- Understand the nuance of compensating controls and mitigating factors, and take pride in helping others understand their place in a security program
- Like being part of a fast growing team
- Take pride in auditable, automated work over manual processes.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, with at least three of those years in a security specific role.
- Understanding of modern development workflows and SDLC.
- Prior experience growing bug bounty programs.
- Well-versed with penetration testing, both on the infrastructure and application fronts.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance, paid time off to volunteer and to vote
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.