Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry's documentation is critical to our users. In this role, you'll have direct impact on helping our users get the information they need quickly and correctly. As our Documentation Engineer, you will be working as a member of our developer productivity team, whose mission is to make the development and deployment of Sentry a safe and enjoyable experience. Drawing from the strengths of both the Docs team and the Developer Productivity team will set you up for success within this role.
As the core Documentation Engineer, you will take our documentation site to the next level. You will meet with stakeholders to pinpoint important technical updates to take the site to the next level for both users and contributors. One week you may be automating screenshot updates, while the next week you may be creating a strategy for sharing content among sections more efficiently, and a week later you may be optimizing content for better search indexing. And you'll work with one of the most collaborative, all-encompassing teams at Sentry - we work with everyone and find fun in what we do every day.
In this role you will:
- Own the daily operations of https://docs.sentry.io/, extending its feature set and finding the right technical solutions to customer education projects.
- Reduce friction in the contribution and review process, ensuring buttery smooth documentation creation and updates.
- Collaborate with the documentation team to prioritize accuracy and completeness of our content at scale and identify technical solutions to interesting content problems.
- Gather feedback from our customer community, ensuring we deliver a high quality, inclusive experience to a group of users who care passionately about Sentry.
- Propose and drive initiatives beyond the scope of docs when the opportunity arises.
You'll love this job if you:
- Enjoy delighting people while providing them answers to their questions.
- Lie awake at night figuring out how to share CSS across applications so that there is a consistent dark mode.
- Crave the freedom to make product decisions while collaborating with passionate teammates.
- Read the release notes of your static site generator tool so you can take advantage of the latest caching improvements.
- 3+ years professional engineering experience.
- Experience with static site generation tools (e.g. Next.js, Gatsby, or Jekyll).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.