The Sentry Story
Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Team
At Sentry, our customers are software engineers just like us. Solving their problems is often complex and challenging, and may demand both a technical background and a solid knowledge of our product. That’s why everyone at Sentry contributes to support; answering issues and helping solve our customers’ problems. But we’re growing fast, and we need your help.
We're looking for someone with an engineering background who is passionate about engaging your customers and ensuring they have a great experience. You will be responsible for not only helping customers with their support issues, but also developing tools and technical documentation to streamline our support experience. You will drive success at Sentry by helping us reduce response times, help us scale our support needs, and ultimately make our customers happy.
You'll love this job if:
- You're resourceful and a natural tinkerer
- You're driven by the joy customers get from using your products
- You're eager to learn and expand your skill set with software and engineering fundamentals
- Become a Sentry product expert and a customer advocate
- Answer inbound Support requests about Sentry's product and SDK's
- Report and monitor product bugs escalated to engineering
- Manage the customer feedback process - including triaging requests and working with product to provide updates on the request status
- Contribute to team operational improvements and support knowledge base documentation and building macros to enable the rest of the team
- 2+ years of customer support, technical support, or related customer-facing role
- Experience writing and debugging code
- Experience with web APIs, Chrome Dev Tools and Git/GitHub
- Excellent written communication with ability to manage customer expectations
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Nice to have: Experience contributing to open source projects
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Live in the Toronto, Ontario area or are willing to relocate.
- Have a valid work permit for Canada.
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies.
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Commuter subsidy.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance.
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands)
- Relocation assistance.
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.