Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Manager of Data and Analytics is an organizational leader with a passion for data and analysis who has a clear vision for how data can transform company strategy. The role requires hands on leadership necessary to grow a team through the start up phase into a mature organization.
This leader is responsible for scaling the data function in an environment based primarily on cloud based SaaS systems.
This position reports directly to the VP of Engineering and works closely with the executive team to develop an organization plan that addresses company wide analytic resources in either a direct report or matrix model.
In this role you will:
- Drive the scope and effectiveness of the data and analysis function at Sentry.
- Create a common data framework so that all company data can be analyzed in a unified manner.
- Work with product, operations and executive management to guide maintain a holistic vision of the future of data at Sentry, and help leadership plan for any changes in our data strategy or needs. An example is in-product analytics.
- Develop a roadmap for the data and analytics function that clearly defines ownership and responsibility between the central data function and the functional groups.
- Ensure that all transactional systems can communicate with the data warehouse and that production data adheres to a unified data model.
You'll love this job if you:
- Enjoy mentoring and building teams
- Like collaborating with all functions of the company to ensure data needs are addressed and the required data is modeled and available to analysts and end-users
- Enjoy working cross-collaboratively with teams outside your department like product, operations, and executive management teams to create a data enabled user journey.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior leadership position managing an analytics team.
- Experience with a high growth company using on-premise tools and on-demand (SaaS) transactional systems.
- Hands on experience with Python, SQL and relational databases.
- Have previously lead data platform projects at high-growth companies.
- Experience with open source data & analytics tools.
- Experience working with multiple executive level business stake holders.
- Must have experience with analytic and data visualization tools such as Looker.
- Share and work in accordance with our values.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.