Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Workflow team’s mission is to make Sentry the place to discover, prioritize and fix problems in your application. We build and maintain features including: issues, alerting, and release management along with their downstream effects.
As the Engineering Manager of the Workflow team, you’ll lead a group of engineers tasked with stewarding our flagship error monitoring platform. You’ll work closely with your team, and collaborate with other Engineering functions to build features that provide value to our users and align with business goals. You’ll be an inspiration and cultivate a strong team identity by, conducting weekly syncs, career coaching, planning aggressive-but-realistic milestones, and keeping everyone accountable.
In this role you will:
- Grow and develop a team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges.
- Assist with sprint planning and task estimation.
- Contribute to Sentry’s technical and product strategy.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our values.
You'll love this job if you:
- Enjoy mentoring and helping other engineers grow.
- Take pride in developing features that don't "just work", but are delightful to use.
- Desire to join a modern software team that iterates and ships code rapidly.
- Have a passion for Open Source.
- 7+ years industry experience in software engineering, with considerable experience building full stack web applications.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- A strong understanding of lean product development; you validate ideas quickly and adjust as you learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.