The Sentry Story
Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry is building out our small but mighty Sales Engineering team to serve as technical advocates throughout our customer’s journey. As our second Sales Engineer, you’d be a crucial lever in helping our customers realize value from Sentry products. From providing technical demonstrations to advising customers on implementation best practices, you’re all in to make the customer wildly successful.
If you are a developer or a technologist who is fascinated by the inner workings of the business side, and if you’re looking to join a fast-growing team delivering real value through an amazing product, we’re looking for you!
In this role you will:
- Bringing technical expertise to customer demos, trials, implementations, and tickets.
- Developing best practices, educational offerings, and content around error management, open source, or the Sentry product (ex: “how-to” articles and/or videos on specific functionality of the product).
- Providing workshop-level interaction to customers in order to drive maturity of use and broader adoption.
You'll love this job if you:
- Enjoy talking technology and interfacing with engineers.
- Love flexing your creative brain by developing resources and content from scratch (code samples, demos, sales-consumable collateral/documents, etc.).
- Have a fast-paced, results-driven mindset.
- Love developers tools, open source, and/or all things software development life cycle!
- 3+ years as a Sales Engineer (preferred), Implementation Consultant, Support Engineer, or Software Developer with experience leading projects and/or working with customers.
- Understanding of sales processes in a high transaction sales environment.
- Experience selling and working with pure SaaS solutions (experience selling/implementing infrastructure tools is a plus) and proven track record of success driving revenue through technical interactions with prospects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- BS Degree in Engineering (preferably Computer Science/Engineering).
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.