The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders, David Cramer and Chris Jennings, realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Team
The Sentry Talent Team is focused on helping build Sentry’s culture one quality hire at a time.
Our Team’s Commitment
- Develop innovative, scalable hiring solutions in support of Sentry’s high growth.
- Drive for results.
- Personal accountability.
- Team collaboration across the organization.
- Provide a thoughtfully curated, empathetic, and informative candidate experience every step of the way.
About the Role / Impact
In line with Sentry’s growth plan, the Talent Team is growing as well! This is a unique and highly impactful opportunity to scale Sentry across teams such as Sales, Marketing, G&A, Customer Success, and more across our San Francisco, Toronto, and Vienna based offices.
You'll love this job if:
- You like experimenting and delivering the latest recruitment strategies.
- You find yourself geeking out on recruiting data and metrics.
- You have a high EQ and a natural ability to build strong, trusting relationships at the leadership level.
In this role, you will:
- Partner very closely with the hiring managers to hire top talent across multiple teams, ranging from individual contributors to director level.
- Develop creative sourcing strategies in an effort to build a healthy pipeline of talent.
- Create a world-class candidate experience in partnership with our Recruiting Coordinator Extraordinaire.
- Leverage data, your knowledge, and industry trends to build and execute on closing strategies.
- Collaborate with the team to standardize our interview process to reflect our culture and values.
- Utilize our recruiting tech stack to capture data, insights, follow processes, and keep things organized. (Greenhouse is our ATS.)
You'll be successful in the role if:
- You have at least 7 years of recruiting experience hiring talent for tech companies.
- You can share some victorious tales of how you’ve built sales and marketing organizations. Bonus points for experience in leadership recruiting.
- You can flex your right and left brain by being creative and metrics-driven utilizing data to help drive your decisions.
- You take ownership - driven, focused, and strive for results.
- You’re humble - you’re willing to get into the details if needed and are open to feedback.
- You take your job seriously, but not yourself so much. A sense of humor goes a long way in our profession.
- You want the visibility to make a huge impact.
To Learn More About Sentry
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance. Paid time off to volunteer and to vote.
- Friday catered lunches (when we are back in the office)
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events)
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.