Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry’s users trust us to develop, ship, and operate a secure open source product, so that they can focus on monitoring their own applications worry-free. We are looking for an experienced security practitioner to deliver on this promise to our users.
In this role, you will be focusing on building and scaling Sentry’s security programs from early adoption (creating BugBounty programs, penetration testing, establishing red team programs, etc.) and eventually scaling to a full-blown Sentry security team. This role is not for the faint of heart, you will be adopting our current security protocols, improve and expand on them while breaking barriers to create a secure environment for all of our users. The uniqueness of this role which separates us from other companies is that Sentry is and always will be an Open Source option for our users, having a mindset for outside-of-the box thinking to protect all of our users is what will drive success in this role.
In this role you will:
- Report directly to the CTO.
- Collaborate with IT/Compliance/Engineering/external parties to build the application security program (Pen Tests, Bounty Programs, Threat Modeling).
- Be the security evangelist for all of Sentry and our users.
- Identify areas of improvements and build scalable defensive solutions.
- Focus on automation / toolchain improvements of our process.
- Drive product features related to security, such as Multi-Factor Auth, Session Audit Tools, etc.
You’ll love this job if you:
- Are passionate about creatively building out security solutions.
- Seek a sense of ownership and high level of impact in a company.
- Have a knack for finding areas of weakness and building on them.
- Enjoy mentoring a team to uplevel security skills.
- Are driven to contribute to make engineering lives easier and more efficient.
- Mastery of the application security domain.
- 10+ years relevant experience, with 5 years minimum in security-focused roles.
- Understanding of modern development workflows and SDLC.
- Prior experience building bug bounty programs.
- Well-versed with penetration testing, both on the infrastructure and application fronts.
- Self-motivated and passionate about ownership.
- Bonus: Experienced on how red team programs are built and maintained.
- Bonus: Prior management experience.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy.
- Charitable matching program.
- Generous parental leave policy.
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance.
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events.
- Relocation assistance.
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.