Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
As the Engineering Manager of the Native and Ingest teams, you’ll lead an ensemble of engineers tasked with building the next generation product line at Sentry. The Native team is responsible for a range of SDKs and a cutting edge processing pipeline to provide top of the line crash reports. The Ingest team builds a distributed ingestion infrastructure optimized for speed and data privacy.
The Native and Ingest teams' missions are to make Sentry the best-in-class application monitoring solution for apps written in native, low-level programming languages, as well as scaling Sentry for applications built by small and large companies alike.
You’ll work closely with your two teams and collaborate with other engineering functions to build valuable features that contribute towards achieving our business goals. You’ll inspire and cultivate a strong team identity by conducting individualized mentoring and keeping everyone accountable with aggressive-but-realistic milestones.
In this role you will:
- Grow and develop a team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Participate in architecture and design sessions as well as code reviews to empower team members in achieving technical excellence.
- Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges.
- Assist with sprint planning and task estimation.
- Contribute to Sentry’s technical and product strategy.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our values.
- 7+ years industry experience in software engineering, with considerable experience building full stack web applications.
- Ideally 2+ years of people management experience.
- Located in Vienna, Austria or willing to relocate
- A strong understanding of lean product development; you validate ideas quickly and adjust as you learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Flexible working schedule
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 65.996,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.