The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Team
Sentry is a company with a healthy appreciation for design, art, and whimsical mischief. In a sea of rote calls-to-action and email-gated webinars, the Sentry Creative team strives to perfect the visual equivalent of puns and hit those Q4 KPIs and OKRs, to get those MQLs so they can’t tell us that FUN doesn’t sell.
Sentry is looking for a Copywriter to join our small, scrappy, and salty team to write words that compliment our visual personality, put people before robots, and incite sensible chuckles via precise, calculated wit. This role reports to the Creative Director within the Creative team as part of Design.
As our trusted Copywriter, you will:
- Work with people across the organization to write every word imaginable.
- Write words for short form content like the website, and occasional long form content like the blog.
- Write content for humans that SEO robots can enjoy without humans noticing.
- Work as an editor with people from around the company on their own content.
You’ll love this job if:
- You enjoy writing for varied and occasionally unexpected mediums.
- You enjoy working in the tech industry with other artists that come from outside of the tech industry.
- You prefer content that is clever, informative, and eschews cloyingly positivity, snark, and overwrought business hubris.
- You’re flexible with both ambiguous, open ended concepts and exacting requirements with tight turnarounds (we try to keep those to a minimum).
You'll be successful in this role if you have:
- 3-5 years of copywriting experience.
- Must have examples demonstrating relevant work.
Examples of projects our team has worked on:
- Our cookie banner lets you click a button that says “Please, no”
- This technical post ghost-written by a non-technical writer.
- This product page in which we only use the phrase “hell world” once.
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.