The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Team
The People Team at Sentry knows that the best product and business are built by the best team. Sentry is looking for an Office Manager who is passionate about maintaining an environment and everyday experience our visitors and employees love. We’re looking for a self-motivated, resourceful, and reliable doer who enjoys handling a wide range of operational and administrative tasks. If you thrive on creating and maintaining a warm and welcoming office space, being proactive in managing day-to-day operations, and working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, look no further! Hello….is it you we’re looking for? If so, start thinking of your new hire gif now!
About the Role / Impact
This position reports to the VP of People and will be instrumental in creating The Sentry Employee and Guest Experience™ to create and maintain a home-away-from-home environment for all employees and guests.
You'll love this job if
- You think of yourself as a Happiness Hero, take great pride in your customer service skills and welcoming guests and employees with an optimal, high-touch, front-of-house experience
- You love problem-solving, making to-do lists, and quickly working your way through them
- You enjoy planning creative events and treats for your fellow teammates
- You can Keep Calm and Carry On when responding to emergencies, think and act quickly under pressure, and execute on last-minute needs
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to interface well with many different personalities
In this role, you will
- Provide a warm welcome and high-touch experience to visitors, ensuring they get to where they need to be
- Be meticulous in keeping our reception and common areas in order
- Manage and maintain office supplies inventory, evaluate new office products, and anticipate needed snacks and supplies
- Manage relationships with external vendors/contractors, service providers, and building management
- Assist in the on-boarding experience for new employees and setting up new hire work spaces
- Own planning, organizing, and execution of on- and offsite company events
- Support ad hoc office initiatives and work closely with various teams to support administrative logistics
You'll be successful in the role if you have
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- A positive service-oriented approach to your work, using your excellent empathic and professional written and verbal communication skills
- High standards, excellent organization and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks under good judgment in a fast-paced environment
- An uncanny ability to spot problems and inefficiencies and quickly find strategic solutions before they cascade
- Embrace a growth mindset and can find learning lessons in unexpected failures
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge in G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, etc.)
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.