The Sentry Story
Our Co-Founders David Cramer and Chris Jennings realized that developers are at the core of virtually every organization, building and managing the software that makes modern businesses tick. With the developers' workflow in mind, they started an open-source side project that has now turned into a well-loved product used by 1M+ developers.
It is our mission to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our application monitoring platform helps millions of developers discover, triage, and resolve software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time doing what they love... building software.
About the Role / Impact
As a software engineer focused on data platforms, you'll build product solutions that enable data teams identify and resolve bugs within their data pipelines. Our data team discovered the value Sentry provides within data engineering applications after digging through endless Apache Beam and Apache Airflow logs. In this role, you'll build solutions that modernize the way data engineering teams think about error monitoring and performance.
If you want to build software that solves difficult scaling challenges and directly impacts Sentry's bottom line, start thinking of your new hire gif now!
As a software engineer focused on data platforms, you will:
- Build integrations that make instrumenting data pipelines with Sentry simple
- Grow adoption of EM and APM among data teams
- Establish Sentry as the de facto leader in observability for data teams
- Guide internal Sentry data initiatives and collaborate through code reviews & design reviews
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer using Python or any other dynamic programming language
- Expertise with SQL and data storage systems
- Familiarity with common data platform tooling today, including but not limited to Apache Airflow, Apache Spark, Apache Beam, and other batch or streaming data technologies
- Comfortable building and executing against deliverables within a well-defined plan
- Interested in representing Sentry at meetups & conferences relevant to data platforms
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series C! Learn more on VentureBeat, Business Insider, and TechCrunch.
- We're constantly writing about...us. Check out our blog here.
- We're also tweeting away. Keep up with us on Twitter.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.